Thursday 7 April 2011

THE HEART OF AFRICA

I am a real giant
A very big elephant
My big trunk blows his music
All across the Atlantic
Into the pacific
I defend my integrity
Stamping my authority
Among my people
But not to make them tremble
I looked back into my history
Searching through my memory
Then I said gone are the days
When still work in my weak ways
When I couldn’t stand the day light
Because I was shy
Hiding in the dark
Running to the back
Then a force came from a far to kill my fear
From a place that is not near
Perhaps from nowhere
Or may be from inside me
But it came to drag me
From the back stage
 Into my rightful place
Then a voice spoke to me
Why are you so weak?
When your strength is at the peak
Then I stood up on my feet
And took my rightful seat
 Like a leader in a big feast
Calling my brothers
Bringing them together
Fostering our unity
Not minding our cultural diversity
Expressing my sincerity
And my genuine capability
To be a leader
And be my brother’s keeper
Giving them shelter and bringing peace
To the community where there is no peace
I dropped my garment of pride
And go into a slave drive
 Taking us to our glory
So we can have a new story
I need not your compliment
Because I know I’m the soul of a continent
And don’t take for an America
Because I am the heart of Africa.

2 comments: